List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KListView, Dolphin and usability
From:       Rupert Jones <junglefieber () gmx ! de>
Date:       2007-02-16 20:57:23

On Friday 16 February 2007 21:14:24 Stefan Monov wrote:
> On Friday 16 February 2007 09:21:35 pm Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> > What if it were possible to open a folder in 'iTunes/Amarok'
> > view?
>
> It's called Info List View and it's bundled with KDE 3.5.6 ;)
> Admittedly a filebrowser view mode is not the best place for this. And yes,
> it's far less featurefull than Amarok's collection browser.

I just have seen this feature. It is really cool, but it is for example
integrated in some exotic operating systems like Windows XP for many years
(regarding information technology!)

But I think the user should modify the columns and declare a folder as special
folder for example for pictures. Then we could embed parts like digikam or an
amarok part for audio folders, which adds domain specific commands besides
the normal file system commands.

Sincerely,
Rupert