On Wednesday 14 February 2007, John Tapsell wrote: > I like the icons *not* movable. Just watching newbies in windows yet > again try to double click a file and instead click-and-drag and move > it is soo frustrating to watch :-) They never then clean up the > files, and you end up with files getting piled on top of each other > over time. Well this only tells me that double-click is very bad usability, and that single-click (with auto-select, unlike kde3) would be better ;) > I have never used konqueror and thought "I wish I could move this icon > around". ?? You don't need to wish it, you can already move icons in konqueror. It was a highly requested feature in kde1, which we provided in kde2. > What is the use case for being able to do so? Logical grouping. Separating out the icons that you are going to move/upload/whatever, before doing so. Splitting the "already processed" from the "not yet processed" files, when doing whatever on the files (opening each of them in an editor and doing something) -- David Faure, faure@kde.org, sponsored by Trolltech to work on KDE, Konqueror (http://www.konqueror.org), and KOffice (http://www.koffice.org). >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<