List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 3.5.6 & KDE 4
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-02-07 20:15:45

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On February 7, 2007, Krzysztof Lichota wrote:
> Aaron J. Seigo napisaƂ(a):
> >> Unfortunately, the script is specific to translations and there is not
> >> much in it that can be reused. The main tool is a database with
> >> assignment of translations to translators. The script just runs SQL
> >> query and feeds it to "mail".
> >
> > sorry, i wasn't clear enough. i meant doing this for translations, not
> > bug reports in general.
> >
> > i'm really unconvinced that doing it for bug reports would help much
> > other than increase mail volumes, but it sounds great for translation
> > efforts.
>
> OK. I can post the code somewhere, it is a modification of engine which
> runs on l10n.kde.org, but it requires changes to database for keeping
> assignment of translations to translators. And it is not very clean...
>
> So what should I do with the code?

good question; according to i18n.kde.org the maintainer of that site is
nicolas.ternisien@gmail.com ... have you sent a patch with explanation to
nicolas?

> I also have a script which provides per-translator stats of translated
> messages based on SVN, if someone is interested. It is standalone (does
> not require code from l10n.kde.org), only MySQL database.

again, sounds like something that'd be nice for i18n.kde.org; would also make
a pretty cool addition to the commit digest =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se