List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 3.5.6 & KDE 4
From:       Krzysztof Lichota <krzysiek () lichota ! net>
Date:       2007-02-07 13:33:05

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Aaron J. Seigo napisaƂ(a):
> On February 6, 2007, Krzysztof Lichota wrote:
>> This can be done by script. I have implemented something similar for my
>> translators. It is just a reminder what needs to be done. Sometimes
>
> depending on the script, this sounds like something that's right up the ally
> of EBN or perhaps i18n.kde.org. would your script be useful in the general
> case, so that we could then integrate it "upstream" so to speak into one of
> the KDE checking runs?

Unfortunately, the script is specific to translations and there is not
much in it that can be reused. The main tool is a database with
assignment of translations to translators. The script just runs SQL
query and feeds it to "mail".

But it should be pretty straightforward to do the same with bugzilla.
Bugzilla uses database and already has mailing facility to send
notifications about bug changes. All you have to do is write a script
which get proper data from database and mails it, and put it in cron
job. I can even write it if you provide me the sources of your bugzilla :)

	Krzysztof Lichota