List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Kde development tutor.
From:       "rortega" <rortega () vertice ! cu>
Date:       2007-02-06 15:09:48

Dear kde-devel people:

I would appreciate if you help me with an idea I just came out with. I am
from Cuba, here there's a lot of places, in small towns, and cities,
where young people go to learn to work with computers, mostly teenagers.
There are also computers at every school.

I think if I could get, or have it sent, bootable CDs, with documentation
and sample programming tools for linux, and KDE. And for different
distros, like Knoppix, but not limited to, or I mean more specifically
designed for programming tutoring. So, I could organize workshops. And
show interested students and professors, on the very same computers, a
look and feel of Linux programming environment.

This will be mainly for beginners, but I know there will be others
interested in more advanced programming. So must not be limited to
beginners.

Actually, there's a good opportunity here for free software, as an
alternative to propietary software not accesible because embargo
restrictions. So potential future users for KDE as well.

I am currently programming for Windows (VS7.1), and I am "porting", to
Linux programming. I have a Debian-Qt3, environment for learning, and my
plans are to learn-as-I-teach.

Please tellme your ideas, if you can help me, or have had some experience
like this, or point me out to another list if you think this is off topic.

Rodolfo