List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Build problems
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2007-02-06 0:02:56

On 05.02.07 23:46:09, Otto Peura wrote:
> I decided to try out KDE4

KDE4 is not meant to be "used", its nowhere near a state where its
generally usable.

> and have today tried to compile it with no
> success. I have followed the instructions in
> http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDE3To4, and now I'm stuck in
> kdebase-part.

The "official" version is here
http://developernew.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/Unstable_Version

> I have tried to fetch every possible missing headers by running apt-get
> build-dep kdebase, but compiling fails. I am running x86 Debian etch.
> Any help is highly appreciated.

You've picked the wrong day and the wrong build-deps. kdebase package is
from KDE3. As for the day: Monday is BIC day where you need to make sure
that kdelibs and kdebase are checked out "at the same time" as
incompatible changes are allowd to be committed to trunk at any time. I
suggest to use kdesvn-build script from trunk/kdesdk to build KDE4

> -- option: USE_XKLAVIER  <ON>
> Could not find glib, gobject or libxklavier >= 2.91 - old xkbfile code will
> be used to get keyboard layout configuration!

Search for libxklavier and isntall the -dev package.

Andreas

--
Just to have it is enough.