List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 3.5.6 & KDE 4
From:       Ian Wadham <ianw2 () optusnet ! com ! au>
Date:       2007-02-05 1:45:56

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 06:32 am, Andras Mantia wrote:
> Most of the KDE is still done in a voluntary way and almost nobody can
> be forced to do something he doesn't want to.

Sometimes KDE seems to me a tad authoritarian in its thinking.  Either
you do something of your own accord, or you must be forced to do it?

Much of the World's work - and much of its best work - is done by
volunteers.  Such people will do almost anything if they are *asked*
in the right way.  They will also follow rules, if the rules are sensible.

"Who codes decides" and "who does the job decides" are good rules,
for example, but they not always sensible IMO.  Nobody is omniscient.
I would hope that "who codes" and "who does the job" would ask
around a bit before "deciding".

All the best, Ian W.