List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: What is fam for?
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2007-02-04 14:43:43

On 04.02.07 15:18:28, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 04.02.07 14:10:22, Isaac Clerencia wrote:
> > On Sunday, 4 February 2007 14:00, Lorenzo Bettini wrote:
> > > so what does it use?
> > inotify, built-in in the kernel since 2.6.13 or something like that, I don't
> > have gamin or fam in my debian box either.
>
> Thi won't work for KDE pacakges from debian, at least you can't get rid
> of gamin/fam completely you still have the library for one of the two.
>
> Andreas, who can't install the daemon itself because that would mean
> getting rid of XFCE4..

I'd like to add here that its actually not possible at all to get rid of
gamin or fam without de-installing all of KDE. The libgamin/fam depend on the
gamin/fam packages and kdelibs depends on either libfam or libgamin, so
the only way to get rid of gamin is to compile KDE yourself.

Andreas

--
If you can read this, you're too close.