List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KIO::TransferJob through a proxy
From:       Joern Ahrens <kd2 () jokele ! de>
Date:       2007-02-02 18:04:16

Hi!

I'm writing an applet which monitors the content of a special webserver.  The
content is checked every 10 minutes. To establish the connection to the
webserver I use a KIO::TransferJob.

KIO::Job *job = KIO::get(*m_url, true, false);

Everything works fine unless the connection is established through a proxy
where the user needs to authenticate. The application stores the proxy
username and the password just for a short time. When the monitor tries to
connect again after 10 minutes, the user is prompted from the proxy for his
username and password again...

KNewsTicker e.g. doesn't has that problem but I cannot find the difference to
my program. I guess KIO manages that in some way.

What might be the problem, what do I have to do that the username and password
are cached the whole time the program runs, after the user entered it during
the first connection?

... Jörn