List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Move KSirc to extragear
From:       Guillaume Laurent <glaurent () telegraph-road ! org>
Date:       2007-01-24 16:52:42

On Wednesday 24 January 2007 17:18, Eike Hein wrote:
> Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> > And mine, and those of everybody using a computer I know. irc is mostly a
> > geek tool nowadays.
>
> IRC continues to be an incredibly popular form of comm-
> unication especially among male teenagers - most of the
> multiplayer game community convenes in IRC, for example,
> and has long-since transcended the core geek demogra-
> phic.

Please explain how a multiplayer gamer on irc isn't a geek :-).

> IRC has
> a market, and it's not going away any time soon.

I'm not saying otherwise. I'm just saying that compared to more userfriendly
IM systems, irc barely registers. Although It's true that no IM system I know
of has a decent substitute for the good old irc channel.

--
Guillaume.
http://telegraph-road.org