List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Move KSirc to extragear
From:       Eike Hein <kde () eikehein ! com>
Date:       2007-01-24 16:18:22

Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> And mine, and those of everybody using a computer I know. irc is mostly a geek
> tool nowadays.

IRC continues to be an incredibly popular form of comm-
unication especially among male teenagers - most of the
multiplayer game community convenes in IRC, for example,
and has long-since transcended the core geek demogra-
phic. You'll be hard-pressed to find a Windows box with-
out mIRC in the room of a 15 year old kid in Germany.
IRC is more technical than IM, but the kids dig that
just as much as they dig complex game systems. IRC has
a market, and it's not going away any time soon.

On our own turf, Konversation is probably the most
successful single means for KDE users to get in touch
with developers and people who can help them today.

--
Regards,
Eike Hein, hein@kde.org