List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Issues with kdialog in trunk
From:       Chris Gow <sniffy () rogers ! com>
Date:       2007-01-22 19:28:53

On Saturday 20 January 2007 16:31, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Saturday 20 January 2007 14:25, Chris Gow wrote:
> > > and it shows just fine now =) can you update your copy of kdemultimedia
> > > and confirm this works for you as well?
> >
> > Hmmm...I've updated and the fields display but the dialog appears too
> > small.
>
> can you point to a screenshot somewhere?
Sorry I took so long in responding...

Here's a screenie. I see the same problem in kscd too.

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/5166/kaudiocreatorkscdsmalld0hh.png

Its running in Xephyr in 1024x768 res. I built my environment following the
instructions on developernew and I'm using a checkout of libs/base from
sometime on Jan 18.

The duplicated track listing in KAudioCreator is my modification to the ui
file (I'm attempting to move from the compatibility classes to proper Qt 4
classes).

> > If I manually adjust the dialog all appears normal. I guess some sizing
> > is missing somewhere?
>
> possibly; it looks ok here in kscd. *shrug*
Yeah. When I update again later I'm pretty sure this will have sorted itself
out. Its not a big deal now since I can resize the dialog...Hmm..I just
realized that the last time I updated libs I didn't do a 'make clean'. That's
probably the problem. I'll try that when I update this week...

> > Btw, just for my education, why is the widget important?
>
> because kdialog expects a single top level widget to add to its layout.
> calling setupUi(this) doesn't create such a widget; all the widgets created
> are parented to "this" which is a kdialog and so it can't set up the layout
> properly.

That's what I sort of what I guessed/assumed. What threw me was the fact that
kdialog is a widget through inheritance. I'm guessing that you can't pass any
window type to setMainWidget which makes sense, since a window is supposed to
work on its own....tests it out...yeah, if CDInfoDialog inherits QWidget and
not KDialog it works as thought.

thanks for the help!

-- chris