List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Autostart management in KDE3
From:       "Gary L. Greene, Jr." <greeneg () tolharadys ! net>
Date:       2007-01-19 22:21:29

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 19 January 2007 17:00, David Faure wrote:
> On Friday 19 January 2007 14:43, Michael Biebl wrote:
> > Hi David!
> >
> > 2007/1/19, David Faure <faure@kde.org>:
> > > The .desktop file can have a line like
> > > X-KDE-autostart-condition=kmyapprc:General:Autostart:true
> > > which means that it will only autostart if kmyapprc doesn't have, in
> > > the [General] group, Autostart=false.
> > > Then you can have a checkbox or a messagebox in your application to let
> > > the user choose whether the app should be autostarted.
> >
> > Is there maybe a predefined KStdAction for that already, which I could
> > use?
>
> No, most apps I know do this with a message box when quitting from the
> systray icon.
>
> > Yet what seems to be missing is a kcm module, which lists all
> > installed autostart entries and allows to modify the autostart
> > settings from a central place.
> > Does something like that already exist?
>
> Not that I know. I see one for kded modules, but not one for autostarted
> apps. This is definitely missing. Anyone up for writing one? ;) (for kde4,
> at least)

Last I checked, there is an app on kde-apps.org that does something like this.
lemme see here....

It needs a system-wide option, for things in /usr/share/autostart, but this is
a good beginning to work with. Should someone ask smileaf if it'd be possible
to get this a) ported and b) included in kdeadmin?

--
Gary L. Greene, Jr.
Sent from: uriel.tolharadys.net