On Friday 19 January 2007 15:10, Andreas Pakulat wrote: > > > Overloads are more common in libraries, true, but that's a rather > > specific case. In applications they are more rare, so IMHO in the > > general case you don't need the whole method signature. > > Any numbers to back that up? Nope, only my experience. > I mean, I do understand that _you_ don't > want to set the signature, but I doubt that everybody thinks the same > way, especially as IMHO the class tree is more for exploring the code > than for navigation-while-coding. Then I'd say that it's even more a reason to hide signatures. When you're exploring code you want a synthetic view of it, not every details. Knowing that a class has a draw() method is enough, you don't need to have the details of each and every overloaded version of it. > > That's true, Idea solved this by automagically opening all the > > intermediate nodes between the top node and the result, I hope Eclipse > > will add this eventually. > > Thats not a bit better either, the I'd have a problem as soon as I find > 200 files in 150 different tree's. absolute nightmare to navigate too. If your source tree has 150 subtrees under a single node, one could argue that it's seriously broken. Anyway, in most cases the results which interest you are under a few specific trees, so it's not really a problem. > BTW: the same eclipse version unning under WinXP is much better. Yes, Java under Linux is still sub-par, shame. -- Guillaume. http://telegraph-road.org >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<