List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Autostart management in KDE3
From:       "Michael Biebl" <mbiebl () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-01-19 11:59:40

Hi all!

I'd like to have an application autostarted on session login and
figured that installing a desktop file in $(prefix)/share/autostart is
the best way to do that.

The problem with this approach is, that I want to give the user the
ability to disable the application from autostarting and I found no
convenient method to do that.
Does KDE3 provide mechanisms to achieve that?
Will I have to code this logic myself and if so, what's the best way to do it?

TIA,
Michael