List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Some questions regarding development for KDE3
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2007-01-18 19:29:28

Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> Indentation has to be at least minimally aware of the language syntax and
> perform some basic parsing in order to know how to indent things. Kate's
> indentation appears to be completely braindead.

Um... you /are/ using one of the C indenters (and not 'normal'), right?
They're plenty buggy, but I wouldn't go so far as to call them
/brain-dead/. In fact, they work just fine a good part of the time.

> - 'Find in Files' merely calls /usr/bin/find ?? You've got to be kidding here,
> I suppose it's just a temporary fill-in until the real feature is done.

*You're* kidding here, right? What on *earth* would we write ourselves
that would be more powerful than 'find'? Or did you mean... hmm, ok I
can't point you to the patch someone just sent to look in
files-in-the-project instead (the kdevelop-devel archives want a
password). But trust me, it's there. :-)

> And it doesn't keep the previous searches in memory.

Huh? I have no idea what you mean...

--
Matthew
"What a wonderful smell you've discovered!" -- Princess Leia Organa