List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Some questions regarding development for KDE3
From:       Ian Wadham <ianw2 () optusnet ! com ! au>
Date:       2007-01-17 23:30:27

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 08:59 am, Paulo J. Matos wrote:
> On 1/17/07, Andreas Pakulat <apaku@gmx.de> wrote:
> > On 17.01.07 14:09:41, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> > He means that regardless how often he presses his indentation
> > key  emacs always only indents as far as it is "meaningful" ...
>
> Why would you want it to indent more than it is supposed to?

I like to indent further on the continuation lines of a long statement
or to add an additional right-hand-side comment to a statement.
Code is more readable imho if, for example, long parameter
expressions and continuations of long strings are indented under
each other --- and isn't readability the objective of indentation?

Cheers, Ian W.