List:       kde-devel
Subject:    libkscan
From:       Kåre_Särs <kare.sars () kolumbus ! fi>
Date:       2007-01-03 0:28:07

Hi!

I have made a mocup of a scan widget and would like to have some feedback.

The mocup is a Qt3 .ui file (had some resize problems with KUIViewer).

The "Show .." checkboxes would be unchecked by default and only one of
the "Show Extra Color Settings" would be included. The other is just an
example of how it could be. I prefere the "(alternative)" because it uses
less screen estate.

The parameters are mostly examples and i need to study sane a little more to
figure out what parameters would be good to have where.

Is it better to have dynamic (adding/removing) buttons or is it better to only
disable them (grayed out) if they are disabled by other parameters?

My main problem with current libkscan is that I can not zoom in more than to
page width. Which is why I have included Zoom In/Out/Width/Height/Selection.

During preview scan the image would gradually be shown as the image data is
received. Would it be good to do the same on final scan?

The library widget/kpart would only provide the final bitmap, while saving and
any post processing would be done by the scan application (Kooka?/Krita/...).

Regards,
  Kåre Särs