List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: a real basic q: is "string" examine possible?
From:       David Johnson <david () usermode ! org>
Date:       2007-01-02 23:14:49

On Tuesday 02 January 2007 14:55, craig harris wrote:
> HI All.,
>
> Is it possible to examine the contents of strings in Kdevelop?
> For instance if I have a QString and want to examine it's data while
> at a break point, is there a way to do it? Thanks
> -Craig

Yes there is. But you're going to run into two problems. The first
is because of implicit sharing (copy on write). The other is because the
data is in unicode (qt4), not the standard ascii char* people are used
to.

There is a tip floating about on the web on how to examine a QStrings
contents in gdb. I can't find it right now, but I remember seeing it.
It's complicated enough that I usually make do with qDebug().

--
David Johnson <david@usermode.org>