List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Dock-able Tab/Page Widgets
From:       Louai Al-Khanji <louai.khanji () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-01-01 22:11:03

On Monday 01 January 2007 19:28, vel.accel@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would love to be able implement dock-able tab pages, where I could grab
> and drag the page tab to have it then open in it's own window. I would find
> this very useful for when I have multiple views (ie: charts/plots/tables)
> for a model. This would be in Qt4.
>
> I'm somewhat new to Qt and I wonder how/if this can this be implemented?
>
> Thank you kindly,
> Dieter

Hi,
KTabWidget [1] has signals receivedDropEvent and initiateDrag. It should be
quite simple to achieve what you want e.g. by sub-classing KTabWidget and
reacting appropriately to those signals.

- Louai

[1]
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/cvs-api/kdelibs-apidocs/kdeui/html/classKTabWidget.html