List:       kde-devel
Subject:    OpenGL based application and ATI propietary driver
From:       "Armando Navarro-Vazquez" <uscqoanv () cesga ! es>
Date:       2006-12-28 20:45:45

Dear All:
I am developing a KDE based chemistry application which makes use of the
QGLWidget class. I have found that when the ati fglrx display driver is
installed memory corrutption takes place randomly.  This is due to
fglrx_dri.so being linked against libstdc++.so.5 whereas my application is
linked against libstdc++-so.6.  At runtime application calls std functions
from both libraries and memory corruption takes place.
Is there any compiling flags which allow to call only libstdc++.so.6 from my
application?
Best wishes
Armando

Armando Navarro, PhD