List:       kde-devel
Subject:    zeroconf:/ with avahi shows no services
From:       robert <robert () atlantico ! com ! br>
Date:       2006-12-26 21:47:57

Hi all,

I'm following the kde wiki for setting up zeroconf with avahi and konqueror :

http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=Zeroconf+in+KDE#Alternative_implementation

My distro is opensuse 10.2 . So far I have:

1) Disabled mdnsd, enabled avahi-0.6.14 that comes with opensuse 10.2 .
2) Compiled and installed kdnssd-avahi-0.1.2
3) Compiled and installed nss-mdns-0.8
4) Edited /etc/nsswitch.conf to have "hosts: files mdns dns"
5) Used kpf to publish a local directory on port 8001.

I can get avahi / kde panel to register the folder as a zeroconf service and
the dialog box says it worked, but zeroconf:/ in konqueror shows no entries.
I also installed mdns-scan and it can't find the kpf service registed as
zeroconf.

Any ideas ?
Robert
--
Faster, better, cheaper - choose two of the above.   - Old engineering proverb

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.   - Another old
engineering proverb