List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Scanning images
From:       Ingo Krabbe <ikrabbe.ask () web ! de>
Date:       2006-12-10 12:38:23

I used kooka but finally fell back to scan images through a shellscript
calling scanimage, that is used by kooka too (at least the library).

I also use some image postprocessing by ImageMagick.  It's quite easy to scan
images that way.

scanimage is a tool from the sane package and I use a simple USB scanner auto
detection.

bye ingo

Am Sonntag, 10. Dezember 2006 12:55 schrieb Kåre Särs:
> Hi!
>

> Is there anybody actively developing an image scanning application? I know
> about Kooka, but the last version is from 2004. I'm thinking about
> reworking Kooka or starting a new project without OCR. I just want a
> scanning application with a good GUI. I'm also not sure if I should start
> immediately on a KDE 4 version or first do a KDE 3.5 version. Any comments
> are wellcome.
>
> Regards,
>    Kåre Särs

> >> unsubscribe <<

Ingo Krabbe			ASK UNIX Systems
Burggrafenstraße 3
44139 Dortmund

Telefon		0231 4770185
FAX		0231 4770186
E-Mail		ikrabbe.ask@web.de
Fingerprint	EE5A 6533 EE5E 8F66 EC20 C56A 35FC
		B736 18FD EB5A