List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Animation with QPainter
From:       Matej Svejda <mata () aw-modell ! at>
Date:       2006-11-30 16:45:31

Hi!

I want to include an animation in my program (a metronome for KDE 3.5). I used
QPainter for painting and QTimer for the animation.
What bothers me is that the animation just isn't smooth. First I directly
painted via e.g. QPainter::drawRect. Then I read somewhere that it is better
to create a Pixmap and then use it. I did get a little better results with
that but there still is this really anoying flickering.
Maybe someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong or whether there is a better
way to do this.
The code for the animation can be downloaded here:
http://www.aw-modell.at/mata/animationtest.tar.gz

Thanks for any kind of help!
Matej