List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Philosophical question
From:       "Joshua J. Berry" <des () condordes ! net>
Date:       2006-11-17 17:34:10

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 17 November 2006 08:49, Frerich Raabe wrote:
> On Friday 17 November 2006 17:22, Joshua J. Berry wrote:
> > Huh?  Yes it is.  You can use the following program to convince
> > yourself of its correctness.  You may note (on gcc 4.1, at least) that
> > A's assignment operator is never called.  You may also note that the
> > default constructor is never called when doing an initial assignment.
>
> Did you maybe answer to the wrong posting? I'm perfectly aware of the
> fact that the assignment operator is never called. Cyrille said that, not
> me. My point was this:

Oh, no, I misunderstood -- somehow I missed the "explicit" part.  (Big thing
to miss, I know.)  It's still morning here and I haven't had my caffeine
yet. ;)

Sorry about that.  Ignore what I said earlier -- guess I shouldn't write
email before noon. :)

--
Joshua J. Berry

"I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on tape somewhere."
    -- /usr/games/fortune