List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Philosophical question
From:       Remi Villatel <maxilys () tele2 ! fr>
Date:       2006-11-17 14:55:12

Hi list,

Let's imagine we have: thatThing.isA("QSomeThing") == true.

Now, what are the differences in between

QSomeThing anotherOne = thatThing;

and

QSomeThing anotherOne(thatThing);

?

I was reviewing some code with Kate's colorization scheme for Qt from
I-couldn't-retrieve-who and I noticed I was inconsistent in my coding style
for no reason. (And so are KDE libs. So I couldn't use them as source or
inspiration.)

I haven't tested to switch entirely to one way or to the other, so I wonder
what the pros and cons are. I'm especially interested in the speed related
consequences for my style.

(I hope this is not a motive of another holy war...)  ;-)

See you,