List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Reporting errors over QDBus?
From:       Tobias Hunger <tobias () aquazul ! com>
Date:       2006-10-27 13:45:17

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hello there!

I am wondering how to report error conditions over a QDBus connection.

Using a XML file I create both a adaptor and a proxy with qdbusxml2cpp.

How can I report that something went wrong in the class the adaptor is bound
to? I could use return codes, but that feels rather clumsy. Is there some
mechanism like an exception (maybe using QDBusError?) or am I stuck with
using return codes only?

My next question is how to figure out in the interface (or better: the
function calling into it) that the other side or the DBus daemon returned a
DBus error instead of the expected reply?

Is there some documentation on this available somewhere?

Best Regards,
Tobias Hunger