List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KMDI sidebar and kpart
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2006-10-21 18:26:55

On 21.10.06 19:15:52, Philipp Hülsdunk wrote:
> Am Samstag, 21. Oktober 2006 18:20 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> > On 21.10.06 15:11:02, Philipp Hülsdunk wrote:
> > > I have created a kmdi app in kdevelop. In my app I have created a
> > > sidebar with a klistview. My KPart has a QCanvasView. I want to show
> > > properties in the sidebar of a clicked object in my QCanvasView.
> > > It should be like in ktechlab: If you click on a component its
> > > properties are shown in the property sidebar.
> >
> > And what where is the question now?
> >
> I don't know how to implement this. The problem is that the sidebar does not
> belong to kparts.

You need to emit a signal from the kpart and the application needs to
connect that signal to a slot of the sidebar. The signal should transfer
the needed information for the sidebar to display the information.

Then connect is then done after loading the kpart in the main
application.

Andreas

--
Your fly might be open (but don't check it just now).