List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: GUI development with Kdevelop
From:       "Dr. Edgar Alwers" <edgaralwers () gmx ! de>
Date:       2006-10-12 20:28:27

On Wednesday 11 October 2006 20:15, Paulo J. Matos wrote:

> Thanks but since I'm pretty new at KDE/Qt API, I'll just go back to
> Qt3 to have the help of kdevdesigner and then if something comes out
> of my effort, I'll in time port to KDE4.

I really hate this. But considering all the discussions on this topic in the
last days, Andreas, do you meanwhile understand my comments of my
contribution 5.9.06 ?
quote
---------
As far as I could get experiences, apps written with or for qt3 are
_not_compatible with qt4 and need to be recompiled. Also Kdevelop ( I am
using 3.2.90 ) was made for qt3 and has only some features allowing the use
of qt4, but  I never managed it to work smoothly.
I would recommend to stick to qt3 as long as kde 4 has not been released. qt4
and kde4 with the corresponding Kdevelop are the future. For the moment, I
continue working with kde 3 ( 3.4.0 ) and qt 3.
-------
unquote

Regards,
Edgar