List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Improvements on ad blocker
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2006-10-08 8:22:41

On 08.10.06 09:16:29, Philipp Hülsdunk wrote:
> I am trying now to make my idea clear.
> My Idea of ad blocker contains two parts.
> The first part is a block-list: It contains regular expressions of sources of
> imgaes. If one regular expression matches to the a source of an image that
> image will not be shown. This part is already in khtml implemented. It is the
> current ad blocker.
> My second part of my idea is to search the html code with regular expressions
> and to replace it by regular expressions. These find and replace expressions
> are stored in a list. This part allows to remove java script ads too.
> It works should wor like Proxomitron or Privoxy.
> Look here to know about
> Proxomitron "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxomitron".
> What I need to implement this is to have direct access to the html code and to
> manipulate. So could somebody tell me how can I do this. I do not know much
> of khtml and its functions.

Send this mail to kfm-devel, that's the place where the khtml devel's
live. And don't expect an answer within hours or 2 days, wait at least a
week. If you're not getting an answer, try to contact them (the khtml
maintainers) on IRC or by private mail.

Andreas

--
You will overcome the attacks of jealous associates.