List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How does khtml load webpages
From:       Philipp =?iso-8859-1?q?H=FClsdunk?= <philipp_huelsdunk () yahoo ! de>
Date:       2006-10-06 13:32:04

I do need direct access to the html code. Not all ads are images there are ads
with java script too.
What I am trying to do is to search with an regular expression the html code
and replace it by another regular expression.
Here is an example. Sometimes ads are marked by comments and I will show how
my Idea works on that sort of ads:
[...]
<-- Begin of ad by FirmA --!>
<script [...]>
[...]
</script [...]>
<-- End of ad by FirmA --!>
[...]
To find such sort of ads we can use this regular expression to find it:
<-- Begin of ad by \b(.*)\b --!>.*<-- End of ad by \b(,*)\b --!>
And we will replace the found text by
<-- Ad by \1 removed --!>
So at the end we will get the html code:
[...]
<-- Ad by FirmA removed --!>
[...]
To implement this I need to know were khtml loads the webbage and stores the
html code.