List:       kde-devel
Subject:    [Idea]Context Sensitive file dialog
From:       "Nikhil Marathe" <nsm.nikhil () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-09-30 13:53:15

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello Everyone,
I have a idea for a context-sensitive file dialog for KDE. I don't know if
anyone has had this before. Basically when a user downloads or saves a file
the KIO system can analyse the file metadata to decide what should be the
default location to specify in the save dialog. For example for
mp3/ogg/other audio files it could be ~/Music, for OO.o/KOffice files
~/Documents and stuff like that. And of course the user could set his own
custom directories from the control center.
What do you think?

-Nikhil
In a world without walls and fences,
who needs windows and gates