List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Introducing into KDE programming
From:       "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Rafael_Fern=E1ndez_L=F3pez?=" <ereslibre () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-09-26 2:13:48

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi,

I'm a KDE enthusiast and I have decided to help the project. I know this is
not the best moment to join, because all sources are being ported to QT 4
and maybe there is some kind of confussion sometimes, but I'd like to give
me a try.

I've read http://quality.kde.org/develop/howto/howtohack.php as another
useful links, and they are really interesting.

For example, I've read a "wish" to inform the user that the caps lock are o=
if in kdesu dialog. Is a JJ (or it was, because Hugo said it would be more
complicated to implement as it should).

For trying my changes and see if they were correct, I created a ~/test
folder. I checked out kdesu sources with anonymous subversion and now I'm i=
trouble... I've used autoconf, automake and friends before, but I CANNOT
MAKE IT WORK. I can't find the way to compile it with those tools, and the
usage of configure.in.in and Makefile.am. Macros are not founded and I
cannot try it. [I know that KDE 4 building tool has been ported to cmake,
but I still want to make it work...].

All header files and libraries do exist, because I do use the same KDE
version as the kdesu version that I'm compiling, and I do use Gentoo
GNU/Linux.

Thank you,
Rafael Fern=E1ndez L=F3pez.