List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: installing documentation
From:       Lorenzo Bettini <bettini () dsi ! unifi ! it>
Date:       2006-09-24 13:04:02

Krzysztof Lichota wrote:
> Cyrille Berger napisaƂ(a):
>>> I.e., is there a similar --prefix=`kde-config --prefix` trick for
>>> documentation?
>> most likely --docdir=whatever (with whatever = /usr/share/doc/kde/HTML/en) for
>> you.
>>
>> (configure --help is your friend ;) )
>
> It doesn't have any option for this.
> After digging for a while in configure script, I have come up with the
> following:
> ./configure --prefix=`kde-config --prefix` kde_htmldir=`kde-config
> --install html --expandvars`

that's exactly what I needed! :-)

> Tested on Kubuntu 6.06.
>
> I wonder why configure does not do this on their own, the calls are all
> in configure :/

that's right: I think that for KDE applications these should be the
defaults in configure (and not /usr/local and so on)...

would there be a way to set these defaults in the configure file?  I
think it might be inserted in the autoconf files generated by kdevelop
itself...

Lorenzo

|  Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     |
|  PhD in Computer Science                            |
|  Dip. Sistemi e Informatica, Univ. di Firenze       |
|  Florence - Italy        (GNU/Linux User # 158233)  |
|  Home Page        : http://www.lorenzobettini.it    |
|  http://music.dsi.unifi.it         XKlaim language  |
|  http://www.purplesucker.com Deep Purple Cover Band |
|  http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite           |