List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: i thought "gmake" knows better than this! (building entire lib)
From:       Nasser <parallel.au () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-09-24 9:15:39

ahh... i see.. yes, ofcourse, so thanks for pointing out that
modifying a header file will take longer to rebuild everything, that
makes sense :-)

now, i was actually modifying just the src/tools/moc/moc.cpp file, so
i was hoping that a lot less will get rebuilt..

now, could you please help me with yuor idea of "subprojects"?  i like
the idea of this, especially when you recommend i only recompile the
parts i modified (ie src/tools/moc folder)...

how do i set things up as a subproject? .. i guess i can import the
whole qt src into a kdevelop project? .. and from there... i will try
with a smaller project and develop from my "baby steps"

i need to try and find how to do subproject building, that would be great!

PS: how would i disable building the examples, etc again? .. is this
an argument to "configure" or is it more that i need to hack into the
Makefile?

cheers for all the help!

nasser