List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: c++ question: code duplication across classes
From:       Benoit Jacob <jacob () math ! jussieu ! fr>
Date:       2006-09-22 14:19:20

So I am doing this CRTP thing, and I have a problem: is there a way that
I can put the operators like operator=, +=, -=, ... in the base class? Or
am I forced to implement them in each subclass?

When trying to put them in the base class, I'm running into problems as
C++ specifies that operator= doesn't get inherited by default. I read
something about the 'using' C++ keyword but that doesn't seem to be
compatible with templates.

So am I forced to put the operators in the subclasses? No way around that?

Benoit