List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Learning how to wrte KDE4 apps
From:       Henri <henrigira () numericable ! fr>
Date:       2006-09-10 14:19:46

If you want to compiled your kde4 follows exactly this link :
http://developer.kde.org/build/trunk.html
i did it and compiled all kde4 ... crash for kubuntu is not really
usefull... Because how will you build your own apps if you haven't a
working environment ? kde4 use cmake and dbus I don't know how you will
built it with crash ?
Any way i didn't success so i took another way...
And making a user "kdedev" is very usefull if you want to start kde from
kdm...
Be carefull because sometimes all "crashed" i don't care i just use linux
to experiment bleeding apps...
I am with edgy kubuntu... i can't compiled kdebase apparently for a kernel
problem...
kubuntu guis told me they don't support edgy (maybe i was on the wrong irc
? #ubuntu+1)
so i am on my own and with this email list...
But on dapper kde4 compiled fine... All little problems i had this mailing
list helped me...
well good luck :)
Henri