List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: possible to have both Qt 3 and Qt 4 installed?
From:       "Dr. Edgar Alwers" <edgaralwers () gmx ! de>
Date:       2006-09-05 21:02:16

On Tuesday 05 September 2006 12:04, Andreas Pakulat wrote:

> Then please try the current 3.4 SVN branch. It has much better support
> for Qt4 projects.
I will give it a try. However: there are  a lot of new issues in qt4, let me
only mention one as an example: Qt 3 and Qt 4 use different .ui file
versions; if you want to use qt3 ones with Qt 4 you'll have to convert it
using uic3. Examples in documentation still refers to qt3, and our friend
Nasser told us "not to be experienced enough". Qt-designer does at this
moment not include KDE tools in the toolbox, like KDE buttons etc., as it is
of course waiting for kde4. I know, that a lot of work is expected when
recompiling apps for qt4 needs to be done. However, I consider programming
applications at this moment with qt4 and kde3 premature and very difficult
for someone not being an expert on this matter. This has been, by the way,
also the general conclusion given by contributors to this forum.
Anyway, qt3 and qt4 apps are not compatible withouth extra efforts, and this
was one of Nasser's questions,  right ?
Regards,
Edgar