List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Problems with uic / cmake (missing -L kde_widgetdir)
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2006-08-31 20:43:56

On 31.08.06 01:30:11, Michael Biebl wrote:
> 2006/8/31, Andreas Pakulat <apaku@gmx.de>:
> > On 31.08.06 00:09:48, Michael Biebl wrote:
> > > Unfortunately the build fails for me (running a Debian unstable box
> > > with latest KDE and qt3).
> >
> > Hmm, it works here, I'm building 0.9.2 inside a KDE session. From what \
> > I see in the make output only /usr/include/kde is in the include path.
> > Could you check what your gcc-line is by using make VERBOSE=1?
>
> Interestingly it also works for me when run from my normal user
> account, but not when run from within a (pbuilder) chroot. I "just for
> fun" installed a fresh Etch system and inside that fresh installation
> the compilation also fails. I looked for various config files in
> /etc/qt3, which might be different, but couldn't find the culprit.

I certainly didn't touch any configs in /etc. AAah, wait. Did you check
$HOME/.qt/qtrc? In my normal account I added the kde plugins dir there,
via qtconfig - a loooong time ago.

Adding the
[3.3]
libraryPath=/home/andreas/.kde/lib/kde3/plugins/:/home/andreas/python2.4/bin \
:/home/andreas/python2.4/plugins:/home/andreas/qt3.3.5/bin:/home/andreas/qt3.3.5/plugins:/usr/bin:/usr/lib/kde3:/usr/lib/kde3/plugins/:/usr/lib/qt3/plugins

Entry inside the chroot makes uic happy again :)

> I know that you also run Debian, could you please verify if it also
> fails for you inside a clean pbuilder chroot.

It did, until I told uic where to look for paths.

> That uic behaves differently is very weird. I couldn't find out yet,
> if it is maybe an old config file that makes the differences. I
> already compared the files in /etc/qt3 to no avail.

I think you should see the same error when building under a new clean
user on the same machine where it works under your normal account.

Indeed it seems the KDE3-cmake-stuff should add the -L paths.

Andreas

--
Don't hate yourself in the morning -- sleep till noon.