List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Problems with uic / cmake (missing -L kde_widgetdir)
From:       Thomas Baumgart <ipwizard () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2006-08-31 5:47:20

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 31 August 2006 00:09, Michael Biebl wrote:

[...]

> It seems, that the autogenerated *.cpp file is missing a ktextedit.h
> include. After investigating the problem, I found that autotools
> contains a m4 macro:
> KDE_CHECK_UIC_FLAG(L,[/nonexistent],ac_uic_supports_libpath=yes,ac_uic_supp
>orts_libpath=no) On Debian this means that autotools calls uic with the
> parameter "-L /usr/lib/kde3/plugins/designer".

The parameter -L tells uic to look in the said directory for widget libraries.
The libs contain - among others - the information which "#include <xxx>" line
should be generated for the widgets contained in the libs. If this
information (path to directory containing libs) is missing while uic is
running, the scenario you describe shows up.

You mentioned that you run the failing make in a chroot jail. Do you still
have access to the $(KDEDIR)/lib/kde3/plugins/designer directory there? This
directory has to contain the kdewidgets.so file.

designer/uic also use /usr/lib/qt3/plugins/designer to locate widget libs
(PATH for this might vary on your system - I am not on debian)

Hope that helps on the way to figure out the problem.

--

Regards

Thomas Baumgart

thb@net-bembel.de               Check the KMyMoney open source