I am indeed already using KNetwork-based classes. So SOCKS support should come for free ? Neat, I'll test it out. Regards, Jernej Kos. On Wednesday 30 August 2006 10:50, Thiago Macieira wrote: > Jernej Kos wrote: > >I would like to add SOCKS support to KFTPGrabber. Since it hasn't yet > > been ported to Qt4/KDE4 I can't use any Qt4 methods and was wondering > > if I might be able to use some of the KDE3's API for this. > > The KDE3 API based around KSocks is a global configuration: if the user > turns SOCKS on, then all KDE applications will use it. So, if you're > using the KDE socket classes (and you should be, since KFTPGrabber is a > KDE application), you're already benefitting from this. There's no code > modification required. > > In other words: don't use QSocket in KDE code. >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<