List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Build Problem: Juk - 3.5 BRANCH
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2006-08-27 18:57:15

Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Sunday 27 August 2006 16:02, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>> Apparently, ktrm.cpp still doesn't build with tunepimp-0.5.
>
> Exactly; Scott pointed out on -commits that tunepimp 0.5 is basically broken,
> so I didn't pursue it further. I can commit a "tunepimp 0.5 == no tunepimp"
> patch to configure in mm and keg-mm so that it will compile, at least.

Unfortunately, version <= 0.4.2 has security issues.

	http://www.gentoo.org/security/en/glsa/glsa-200607-11.xml

and I read somewhere that FC-5 refuses to run it when SL detects the
problem.

IIUC, version 0.5 switched acoustic fingerprinting from TRM to PUID so
the API will need to be changed.

Also, IIUC, at some time in the future the MusicBrainz servers are going
to stop using the old TRM acoustic fingerprinting which is why the new
release of TunePimp has changed to the new method.

--
JRT