List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: konqueror has 1305 unconfirmed bugs
From:       Dirk Stoecker <kde () dstoecker ! de>
Date:       2006-08-23 8:31:12

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006, Alex Zepeda wrote:

> > Well there are many duplicates, outdated stuff and so on.
>
> What about merging some of the duplicate bugs?  I know there are three
> or four PRs on the xmlhttps problems (with cisco's web page) alone.
> Is this something I can do on my own, or will I need to be graced with
> appropriate permissions?

Duplicates are marked closed with "duplicate of xxx". If you have
permissions to do so, you have a field below the bugs, which allows you
some selections and options.

See http://quality.kde.org/develop/howto/howtobugs.php

For duplicates you usually close the newer bug (higher number) with
reference to older ones. I make exceptions from this rule, when the
discussion in the newer bug is more helpful and will probably lead to
faster fixing. In these case I close the older one linking to the new bug.

Neverthelesse you always need to have a careful look, as sometimes the
bug reports sound very different, but describe the same problem, whereas
sometimes the reports sound very equal, but describe different problems.
You may find the "This possibly is related to BUG xxx" as comment then.

Tell the bug numbers of your xmlhttps dupes and I will have a look at
them.

Ciao
--
http://www.dstoecker.de/ (PGP key available)