List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: bugs.kde.org (was: konqueror has 1305 unconfirmed bugs)
From:       Dirk Stoecker <kde () dstoecker ! de>
Date:       2006-08-23 8:14:48

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006, Carsten Niehaus wrote:

> Am Dienstag, den 22.08.2006, 21:16 +0200 schrieb Dirk Stoecker:
> > > Coolo once mentioned autoclosing unconfirmed bugs that was over a
> > certain age.
> > >
> > > What happened to that idea?
> >
> > Notification is much better. There are some long-standing bugs in the
> > data-base which are also unconfirmed, but nevertheless are still
> > valid.
>
> If you know it is valid you should confirm it. Or do I misunderstand the
> meaning of "confirmed" (or "new) in bugs.kde.org?

Well, Confirm means at least one of the developers can confirm the bug
(i.e. find a way to reproduce or validate). There are seldom bugs, where
nobody can do so, but it is very likely there is some problem, as people
are complaining about it. Sometimes this is due to missing key information
(e.g. the specific settings which trigger that bug), sometimes due to
missing required hardware.

I myself will not confirm these as long as I cannot reproduce. But working
on it is still possible, e.g. asking for more information, ...

Ciao
--
http://www.dstoecker.de/ (PGP key available)