List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: konqueror has 1305 unconfirmed bugs
From:       Jure Repinc <jlp () holodeck1 ! com>
Date:       2006-08-22 13:36:15

Randy Kramer wrote:
> I'm not a developer, but may find some time to help with this, but the first
> question is, what version of konqueror should I (must I) test against?
The latest you can get. I guess even 3.5.4 is a good version to close
some very old bugs and make the list cleaner. Off course it would be
ideal if you could compile the version for KDE SVN stable branch which
also has some additional fixes over 3.5.4.

> (Currently I have konqueror 3.4.2 installed as came with Mandriva 2006--I have
> very little hope of installing a more recent version (until I upgrade my
> entire machine to some newer distro), unless possibly there are (Mandriva
> 2006) rpms for a new version.  Even so, updating all of kde is scary (for
> me).
There were some RPMs for Mandriva 2006 in the Kiosk for version 3.5.3.
But when syncing to version 3.5.4 they had some problems. I hope that
they wll put KDE back to Kiosk. See this for more info:
http://corp.mandriva.com/webteam/2006/08/16/problem-with-kde-bundle/

--
JLP's Blog - http://jlp.holodeck1.com/blog/