List:       kde-devel
Subject:    SlaveBase::put() and filesize
From:       Craig Howard <kde () choward ! ca>
Date:       2006-08-14 1:40:11

I'm writing a kioslave that uses HTTP as its transport.  The ::put() command
is implemented in terms of an HTTP PUT command.  Part of the specification of
the service is that it requires the Content-Length header of the PUT request.
Naturally, I need to write the header before I write the body where I do my
dataReq() and readData() calls.   How can I get the filesize of the source
from within my ::put() method before reading any data?  Thanks.
--

Craig Howard
craig@choward.ca