List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: newbie question about C++ and KDE development
From:       "Richard Dale" <richard.j.dale () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-07-11 8:52:01

On Sunday 09 July 2006 10:53, Carsten Niehaus wrote:
> Am Sonntag 09 Juli 2006 10:44 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> > > I also know that a better alternative for QT and KDE development
> > > doesn't exist,
> > > other than C++, not yet at least.
> >
> > There is a better Alternativ: PyQt/KDE or IIRC there are also bindings
> > for Ruby, at least for Qt.
>
> There are both QtRuby-bindings and KDE-bindings (Korundrum)
>
> http://rubyforge.org/projects/korundum/
>
> Both rock :-)
>
> I think for Qt 4.2 there are Java-bindings planned.
Well I've been maintaining Java bindings for Qt and KDE for over 5
years, but unfortunately they've never really had a critical mass of
community using them. I've had much more interest and feedback from
the Ruby bindings. So I hope Trolltech has more luck with their Java
bindings - maybe some proper marketing along with a commercial version
for Windows will make the difference.

-- Richard