List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Error compiling qt-copy/src/opengl/qglframebufferobject.cpp
From:       Jason Harris <kstars () 30doradus ! org>
Date:       2006-07-11 7:46:26

Hello,

I am getting an error when compiling
qt-copy/src/opengl/qglframebufferobject.cpp:

qglframebufferobject.cpp: In member function `bool
   QGLFramebufferObjectPrivate::checkFramebufferStatus() const':
qglframebufferobject.cpp:263: error:
`GL_FRAMEBUFFER_INCOMPLETE_ATTACHMENT_EXT'
   undeclared (first use this function)
qglframebufferobject.cpp:263: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
   only once for each function it appears in.)

This is on gentoo linux with the nvidia openGL implementation.

After grepping around my openGL files, I found that my glext.h defines
GL_FRAMEBUFFER_INCOMPLETE_ATTACHMENTS_EXT (notice that "ATTACHMENTS" is
plural), which explains why I'm getting the above error.

So I simply modified qt-copy/src/opengl/qglframebufferobject.cpp, adding the
"S" to all instances of GL_FRAMEBUFFER_INCOMPLETE_ATTACHMENT_EXT, and then Qt
compiles fine here.

Trouble is, googling for GL_FRAMEBUFFER_INCOMPLETE_ATTACHMENT_EXT gives 135
results, while GL_FRAMEBUFFER_INCOMPLETE_ATTACHMENTS_EXT gives only 35...not
huge numbers either way, but it suggests that the version without "S" is more
widely used.

Does anyone know what's going on here?  Is it some conflict between the
various openGL implementations?

thanks in advance,
Jason

--