List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Qt4 Themes
From:       Thomas =?iso-8859-1?q?L=FCbking?= <thomas.luebking () web ! de>
Date:       2006-07-02 13:40:44

Am Sonntag, 2. Juli 2006 13:28 schrieb Luciano Montanaro:
> is it really needed?
> We could just check if the style is a subclass of KStyle with
> style->inherit("KStyle") or some such.
... qobject_cast<KStyle*>(style())

good idea anyway.

however the other way is much more flexible and allows to bring up new
elements even aside the KStyle base development (guess you wrote a widget for
an app, release that on kde-apps and define an element (beyond a kde common
base offset))
style developers could start to support this widget in their styles long
before the next KDE release is out - that than can decide if the widget's
worth to be included or at least officially supported in the KStyle enum.

as the change itself (aside the binary compatibility stuff) is minor (no break
for any existing app) and simple (due to the very specific way /all/ draw*
routines are implemented ;) and i doubt there're too many qt4 styles in the
wild yet that'd needed to be adapted - hey why not =)

Thomas
--
Fear... Fear attracts the fearfull.
The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt.