List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: Parallel execution paths in WorKflow
From:       "John Tapsell" <johnflux () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-06-29 1:28:19

Hi,

  More important (for me) than branching, is parallelism.

  When you have "get files" does it get all the files first, then
proceed to the next step, or does it start modifying the images as it
gets each file, thus it can be getting some files while modifying the
ones it already has so far.

  Also I'd really like to be able to watch a directory.

  Here's some use cases that I have a personal need for:

1) Watch a particular smb folder for .ps file.  Download the .ps file,
convert it to .pdf, then upload with the new pdf to the smb folder,
keeping the filename the same except .pdf instead of .ps.

2) Watch a folder for .png files (which I generate in blender).  Do
fancy cropping of the files.  Save the changed files in a different
folder.

Hmm I can't think of anything else for now.